Thursday Workout

It's been a crazy end to my week but I am ready for Monday (shockingly!). Thursday was probably one of the best workouts I had at Fitness Together. First, I started with Palani directing me to the scale. I really appreciate that he's still keeping me accountable for the weekly weight in. I weighed a bit less than last week and he said he was proud of me. It's always a great feeling when someone is proud of you but even better to know that I was proud of myself. I love the support! 

As for the workout, Erin had us do a lot more TRX than what was listed and I was stoked. One of my favorite pieces of equipment is the TRX because I use my own body weight with it. Near the end, Erin asked us how we wanted to end our session and I pointed at the ropes, "Battle ropes!" She was shocked. I was shocked, too. Palani use to make me and Vanessa do them and they were awful. I couldn't move them long enough and I always felt defeated by them. However, after building up my strength and endurance I was able to do them for 45 seconds straight. Like it was nothing! I was impressed with myself. Then Erin had to introduce me to battle rope jumping jacks - there goes my celebration. Battle rope jumping jacks are my new challenge! 


 1 Client, 1 Trainer, 1 Goal

 The infamous battle ropes!

 Here's a better view of the day's workout. We did a lot more TRX then what is shown here.

After a good workout on Thursdays, I like to treat myself to some delicious sushi. Sushiya has 50% off cut rolls and specialty rolls on Thursdays so it's a cheap way to get some yummy fish. I always look forward to Sushi Thursdays! 

Pokie Roll and a Vegetable Roll

What do you like to treat yourself to after a good workout?

Lots of posts coming up this week! I celebrated Jessica's birthday this weekend and I have lots of pictures to share. 

Until then, keep smiling! 

Kristen 

6 thought(s):

  1. omg! battle rope jumping?! i struggle with those darn ropes.. how much more rope jumping?! hahaha! that muuust be hard, but you can do it!! new challenges!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Battle rope jumping jacks! When your hands go up, the battle ropes go up with you. It's tough but SOOOOO good! haha

      Kristen

      Delete
  2. My favorite post workout treat is a snow cone...but it has to be from this certain place (unfortunately 10 miles from my house) where the ice is shaved to the point where it is like snow. I am always so thirsty when I run, hike or cycle and I really don't drink beverages besides water (very rarely do I have a soda) so a blue coconut, lime or peach snow cone is my favorite treat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love shaved ice! I use to eat it every now and then in Hawaii. Such a great way to treat yourself! I definitely need to look into a shave ice place round here. I admire your ability to not drink soda. I am currently trying to stop but I've been getting major headaches so I give into the caffeine. :-/

      Kristen

      Delete
  3. YAY for Thursday sushi special! Can't wait to join in this Thursday! Hopefully I'll have my homework done by then. It's a stretch, but I'm going to try. And 13 followers calls for a celebration! ;) -Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully you're able to join me! It's definitely a special treat so make sure you finish your homework! :-p And yes! 13 followers is definitely a milestone! haha :)

      Kristen

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...