Sunday Food Prep

This week I decided to try a different approach to my weight-loss. Instead of going to the store and buying stuff that I think I'm going to use, I made a menu and a list instead. This menu dictated exactly what I was going to pack for lunch and hopefully eat that day. I found this to be very helpful and it made packing my lunch less stressful in the morning. I also wasted less food this week. Sometimes I find it difficult to keep up with the amount of produce I buy. For example, I'll buy three bell peppers but only end up using one or two (if I'm lucky). I want to try making all my dinner ahead of time (on Sunday) but I think that requires better planning. 

My menu

Protein for my salad (Gardein Chipotle "Chick'n" Strips)

I hard-boiled a dozen eggs for the week

Cut up some organic strawberries

The beginning of the fruit salad

My additions to the fruit salad: cantaloupe, pineapple and grapes

Pre-made some oatmeal for the week

Storing my fruit salad, hard-boiled eggs, and salad greens

Yogurt, salad, fat-free cream cheese and salsa for the week

Getting ready to cover the oatmeal. During the week, I had to add a splash of almond milk, 2 teaspoons of brown sugar and a few shakes of cinnamon.

I had a bit of food left over (the curry tofu and a mug of the oatmeal) but over all, I ate everything I made. I've also decided that if I'm going to food prep on Sunday, that Sunday should be my weigh-in day. That post will come tonight. I need to get ready for my friend's birthday party... I still need to go to Trader Joes! Ahhh!! 

What kind of food do you like to prep for the week? 

Until next time, keep smiling!




9 thought(s):

  1. Wow, I am impressed at your meal planning! Bringing lunch to work is such a great idea... it saves time and makes it easier to eat something healthy. We often cook extra food for dinner and then bring the leftovers for lunch the next day. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I would take leftovers but I'm trying to just eat salads for lunch. Maybe I can figure out how to add them to the salad.

      I love the amount of time it saves me in the morning cause I know exactly what I need to pack and a lot of it is already prepped!

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Kristen

      Delete
  2. What great planning you did! It really does help things feel more organized when I plan out my meals ahead of time.

    Somedays I wish I didn't have a husband or kids to feel, then I could simply just have a chicken breast for dinner and be happy...but that's not quite dinner around here and it's not a good example for the kiddies on a well rounded meal.

    A great food you can cook ahead of is pasta. I try and make some sort of pasta dish for dinner on Mondays. It's my later night at work and so I cook up a whole bunch the sunday before. I just slightly undercook it, like a minute or so, rinse well in cold water, let it drain and put it in a covered dish in the fridge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pasta is a great idea! However, I'm not eating much pasta these days. It was just something I had to cut for a while.

      I know, I'm sure meal planning is easier when it's just me I'm worrying about! Hopefully you can just plan your own lunch. That might be helpful to you.

      Thanks for stopping by,
      Kristen

      Delete
  3. i really need to be better at having a food plan for the week. especially for dinner. it's always so hard coming up with dinner meals. adore!
    xo TJ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm so glad you stopped by! I hope you're inspired by my food prep. :)

      Keep in touch,

      Kristen

      Delete
  4. I need to do this! I think my biggest hurdle is pre-cutting all my veggies and fruits, especially when I want to make a shake because I get lazy trying to cut everything so quickly in the morning before leaving for work! Hope you're feeling better! -Jess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES! Do it Jessica! Pre-cut your fruit and freeze it! :)

      I'm feeling better, slightly congested.

      Hike this Saturday?

      Kristen

      Delete
  5. Hi!

    Besides the one you posted here- do you happen to post your meal plans anywhere?

    Please let me know!

    This is such a great idea!

    :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...