Surviving Birthday Parties and Girl's Nights Out

A few Saturdays ago was my friend, Yajaira's, birthday. I didn't plan very well and ended up munching on a small meal before heading to her party. It was almost torture to sit there and stare at her dessert table. I didn't want to eat sweets because I was hungry and I knew if I started chowing on them I wouldn't be able to stop. That's the problem with me, I just can't stop sometimes. I love sweets and eating less of them has definitely taught me some self discipline. And of course, eating less sweets has made me feel better. I'm still trying to practice moderation but man, do I have a sweet tooth!! 

Me in my 1920's gear! I had to dig through my closet for all these pieces!

With my friend, Victoria. She's an amazing lady.

Always loved this picture.

The dessert table!

Happy 29th Yajaira! She's a great party planner - I told her to start a business so I can work with her, hehe!

This is the dessert that I did indulge in...

Victoria and I goofing around with the display pieces

Finally having a good conversation on the phone! Ha!

After Yajaia's birthday, I promised some friends I would meet them for drinks at Hamilton's. Hamilton's is my favorite bar because it's laid back and people tend to leave you alone. We sat at this table all night and chatted and laughed. It was great to be around such positive energy. I did get a bit carried away. Alcohol is one of the things I've been trying to have less of and for the most part, I don't drink as often as I did. My trainer and I had a conversation about beer one day and I told him that with my lifestyle, I refuse to give up beer. He accepted it but as time went on, I found myself wanting it less and less. An occasional beer won't throw me off, in my personal opinion. On to the fun!

With my girlfriends enjoying some delicious beer.

I think Joanna is enjoying this a little too much!



There ya go Jessica! Finish that beer!

Ending the night with amazing girls and lots of laughs. It's so important for me to find this peace through all the ups and downs in my life. 

How do I survive these type of nights, you ask? Well, I don't have them very often. I'm not a huge drinker and if I do go out to meet friends I usually stick to one beer (because I'm driving). I'm also very honest with myself. For example, the sweets at Yajaira's party, I could have gone to town on them but I knew I was going to make myself feel bad about them later. I don't need to eat sweets and I managed a decent meal with some pasta (sans meat) and a little bit of bread. When I was at the bar, I really wanted to order food but I also knew I wouldn't be happy with the choices. I'm trying to be picky about what I type of food I use my money on. That's been helpful for me. What's helpful for you? 

Until next time, keep smiling!




2 thought(s):

  1. My biggest problem is wine... I just love it! I try not to eat to much at friend's houses or if going out just try and keep on saying in my head. no,no, no! but it is really hard espcially if you are with people who aren't having to watch what they eat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OH girl, I love beer. Too much. I try to limit myself. It's just really difficult.

      Kristen

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...