Jessica's Birthday Shenanigans

I've been playing catch up with all my photos because of my "mini hiatus."

Let me tell you a little something about me. I love going out with friends to restaurants and talking and laughing over delicious food. Since starting my weight-loss journey, it's been difficult for me to do that without going slightly overboard. However, Jessica is great because she loves fresh, healthy food and I can count on her to try anything with me. For her birthday we had sushi at Ikiru Japanese Restaurant. I have a slight obsession with sushi because it's always fresh and always has great flavor. This sushi restaurant is one of my favorites because of the variety of sushi rolls and the fresh ahi poke salad. After sushi, we headed over to Wine Steals to drink some delicious wine. I had a red and then a sparkling wine. Overall, a great night with wonderful people... oh and YUMMY food!

Ahi Poke salad with an amazing apple garnish

My splurge item: spicy calamari

the "Harbor Roll" with spicy tuna, cucumber on the inside and seared hamachi and fire sauce on the outside. 





With the birthday girl! 

Wine Steals - look at all that wine!

A peek at the menu

My red wine (wish I could remember the name!)

With Jessica and her sister at Wine Steals

Jessica with her sister on the "sexy red couch"

Enjoying some wine! Wish it was in focus! hehe


Happy belated Birthday Jessica!

Until next time, keep smiling.



2 thought(s):

  1. I love sushi..and it has to be good for us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! There is no way sushi CAN'T be good for us! Food that makes you happy has to have SOME benefits, hehe :)

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Kristen

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...