Sunday Adventures with Jessica

About two weeks ago, Jessica and I set out on an adventure to discover some treasures at a local thrift store. Jessica is a great friend because we share similar interests: food, shopping, and healthy living. I can always count on Jessica to be adventurous with food. Although I've been to The Mission before, she hadn't and I was excited for her to try their food (especially the soy chorizo, which neither of us chose this time around). I wouldn't say it's the healthiest option, but you can definitely make the food a bit healthier by substituting a few items. I got the corn tamales with black beans and egg whites. The tamales were sweet and delicious, I could only finish one. 


Jessica enjoying her morning cup of coffee.

Plato Verde con Huevos

Yum! Can't wait to have this again!

Art in The Mission (Downtown San Diego location)

Coffee bar (and bar, bar) included

Jessica looking fit and cute in her hat!

Jessica is the best photographer! I think I look fun and happy in my Jason Wu (for Target) dress!

Next it was onto Amvets (one of my favorite thrift stores). Although I passed on a few clothing items here, I scored in the book and jewelry section. Whenever I go to thrift stores, I find myself lost in the book section. I just love finding new and old books, books I've always promised myself I would read one day and books I never heard of before. In my bedroom I have a large collection of books. Hopefully one of these days I'll find the motivation to read some of them... I just find that my eyes start to close once I pick up a book. Any tips?

A thrift store open on Sundays? Can't be!

Books, books, books!

I love their large selection of clothing. 

My pretty finds!

Jessica is always up for an adventure so after the thrift store we decided to go to the Hillcrest Farmers Market. This is one of my favorite farmer's markets in San Diego. The space is just large enough with enough vendors to offer different options. I also like the food stands (tacos, anyone?). There's a green juice stand at the Farmers Market that I want to try the next time I go. I've been reading a lot about juicing and the benefits of it. I started researching juicers! Oh, like I need another kitchen appliance. 





Oh no, we didn't stop here! We went onto Sipz Cafe. It's a cute little vegetarian/vegan restaurant in Clairemont. I really like this place because they serve everything in bowls! This time I tried the Kung Pao "Chicken" but what I usually get is the BBQ "chicken." I don't usually venture from my usual but I figured I would give something spicy a go. I didn't really enjoy the Kung Pao "chicken" but that's only because it wasn't spicy enough. Maybe next time I'll get the mongolian BBQ...

Eating seaweed salad is funny!




Finished off the day with the pittys, Rocko and Junior! What handsome models!


I hope you enjoyed a sneak peak into my weekend! Sundays are rest days! Always remember to give your body a rest. 

Until next time, keep smiling! 





4 thought(s):

  1. I love that picture of you! You look so radiant and gorgeous! Also, I've decided to join you on limiting my calorie intake-GAWD it's so hard because I love to eat, eat, eat!- because I want to increase my race times....Hard to do with extra weight! -Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jessica! You took it so of course it's a great picture, hehe. Let's limit together!!

      SUPPORT SUPPORT SUPPORT

      Kristen

      Delete
  2. You inspire me to check out my local thrifts, thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...