"Take a Hike" Saturday: Scripps Coastal Reserve/Beach

The girls and I headed out for our Saturday hike and originally, we were suppose to go to Torrey Pines. I was slightly disappointed when I pulled up to the window and was asked for $15. I refused to pay the prices so we drove around to see if we could find some free parking. No luck! I quickly pulled out my phone and found another trail near by. Scripps Coastal Reserve here we come! While the view was very pretty I wasn't very happy with this trail, as it was literally a circle... a short 20 minute walk. The fog was rolling in making it a bit eerie but that's about it. I guess I should have stopped to read all the ecological signs but I wanted to get my heart rate up. It just wasn't happening with this trail... 





Hello little bunny!

We were on our way out when I decided to walk further down the street to look at houses (one of Jessica's favorite things to do!) That's when we stumbled upon an entrance to the beach. It was a downhill walk on a winding road with beautiful scenery. Jessica mentioned that it looked like Hawaii and I agreed. The whole way down I was looking forward to walking back up the hill because I knew it was going to be killer!



Made it down the hill!



This was a private residence. I thought it was a cool backdrop because it looks so sci-fi! How appropriate with Comic Con in town!

Jessica leading the way up the hill! She was tough to keep up with.

There she goes!

A cool view of the winding road.

This was a pretty decent hike because we were rewarded with a nice stroll on the beach. The hill was tough and got my heart rate up. I love when my heart is pounding and I'm dripping sweat. It feels like a mini-victory every time. 

Until next time, keep smiling.


4 thought(s):

  1. How lucky you are to have great friends to hike with and some beautiful locations to boot!

    Good Job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES! I am definitely lucky. The hardest part is picking a place to go... hehe.

      Thanks for stopping by,
      Kristen

      Delete
  2. I have to say I am so so jealous of your hikes. You are surrounded by such beauty and you actually have official trails and things. In the UK we don't really have anything like that but you have inspired me to have a look and see if I can find some!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, definitely! I went online and found some great hikes. Let me know how it goes! I look forward to reading about it.

      Thanks for stopping by,
      Kristen

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...