"Take a Hike" Saturday: Cowles Mountain

Two Saturdays ago I went on a Saturday hike with my friends, Jessica and Maricela. I picked Cowles Mountain as our hike. I didn't do much research because I have heard about the trail before through people. I parked on the backside of the mountain and we started our walk. As we were walking in, I noticed an incline. The incline got progressively steeper the further we went. It was a rough start and I almost wanted to turn around. I slowly climbed up those hills and I was so happy I did. It was an amazing experience to get to the top of Cowles Mountain and to know that I kept going. 

The start of the hike.


The first hill of the hike and I thought it got better from here... pssh!

Steep hills around every corner... 


First summit! I couldn't be happier!


Looking head, there's our other steep climb in site.


Stella was pulling along... 


Another beautiful view of East San Diego.


Lake Murray in sight!


Made it to the top! Junior is also proud of himself. 


View from the top! 


Juinor taking a rest. He was tired!


Jessica and Stella taking a rest at the top of Cowles Mountain.


Time to head down... this had to be equally as difficult as going up. Junior kept pulling me!

Overall, the hike was awesome. It such a huge accomplishment for me. I was talking with my trainer, Palani, yesterday and I was telling him how much I'm enjoying my hikes. It's something different and it really challenges my body and mind. I thought I couldn't get up those hills, I was scared I was going to stop half way and want to go back down but I didn't. I kept going and that's what matters. 


If I learned anything from my journey, it's to not give up. Things are going to get difficult. Some days will be harder than others but I need to continue to focus on the big picture: health. 


Until next time, keep smiling!



4 thought(s):

  1. If you are at all interested in writing a guest post for my blog, please feel free to stop on by and drop me an email.
    Cheers!
    http://missbitchxox.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the thoughtfulness! I'm still trying to find my voice so hopefully in the future I can make a post.

      Kristen

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...