Monday Weigh-In 005

Down two more pounds! GOOD BYE!


Wow, I can't believe it's already week five. It's been five weeks since my first weigh-in and honestly, there hasn't been much movement on the scale. However, there has been some movement in my butt! I've been trying to be active at least five days out of the week. Today I didn't want to go to the gym. San Diego has been beautiful lately - the sun is out and the wind is blowing - it's the best of both worlds. I asked my coworker if she would like to join me on the Balboa Park trail and she agreed. I was excited because I've been thinking about the stairs we climbed and I've been wanting to try them again. Balboa Park isn't the safest place to be alone so it's really important to go in a group. Last Wednesday, I went with a group of my coworkers. Cathy had us running a little and let me tell you, I was struggling but I managed to run 1/4th of what we did. Now THAT'S an accomplishment! This time, Cathy and I just walked the hills with her brother. It was very relaxing and after they left - I went back to the stairs! I ended up burning 477 calories in an hour. 

The girls running ahead.

Rex trying to keep up with Yavana's son! 

Beautiful view of Balboa Park museums. 

Here, Cathy is warning us that the best is yet to come!

The infamous stairs! 

And up we go. These stairs are killer - they're almost NEVER ENDING!

Thank you California Conservation Corps! 

It's been really important for me to get out of the house and be active. I may be losing weight at a slower rate but I'm happy that I feel more motivated to go work out. I'm still logging my food and keeping track of my calorie intake. This has been CRUCIAL to my weight loss. If I miss a day, I feel like I've cheated on myself. While I understand the need to have a "cheat" day - I feel for me, it's more important to just have one "cheat" meal a week. It'll keep me sane but it will also keep my calories on track. 

Do you have a cheat day or a cheat meal? Share your cheat! 

Thanks to everyone who has been commenting and supporting. It's been amazing to talk to everyone. Keep in touch! 

Until next time, keep smiling! 

Kristen 





6 thought(s):

  1. Sunday is my cheat "day". I weigh-in in the morning... and Monday is the start of work again, so it just seems like a good day to "cheat". I always weigh more on Mondays than Sundays but I agree, it's important to let yourself relax a bit so you don't go insane.

    Those stairs look killer! Good job! They say that slower weight loss is easier to maintain & keep off, so try not to get discouraged if it isn't coming off as "fast" as you want it to (I have to tell myself this ALL the time). Have a great week! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. I'm okay with the slower weight-loss... just sometimes it seems daunting! But, hey, at least we're trying and moving along, right?

      I need to focus on ONE cheat day. Once I let myself go, I go crazy! That's what I'm currently working on.

      Thanks for stopping by!
      Kristen

      Delete
  2. Hi sweet lady, thanks for following my blog! I'm super excited to read more and share our weight loss journey together! I have "cheat days" on the weekend but I still count calories in my head rather than with my calorie counter. My other cheat is that I let myself have one unhealthy thing a day-my choice is diet coke with lime (although I'm trying to give that up now too since my weight loss has slowed)...but I've lost 35 lbs so far, so as long as I'm maintaining I'm just gonna run with it! Anyways, if you ever wanna chat my e-mail is Lori.Milanowski@gmail.com XO Lori ...A Little Slice of Special

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my, I really need to cut back on my diet coke intake. It's more of a comfort thing. When I'm having a rough morning, I find diet coke calms my nerves. It's a terrible habit.

      I'm very happy to hear about your weight loss! You've come a long way. I will definitely keep in touch via email.

      Feel free to do the same - kristen.mihalko@gmail.com

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Kristen

      Delete
  3. so proud of you!! Im currently finding my motivation to get back into the work out mode. this vacation trip definitely threw me off track!!! -vanessa

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...