The Way Things Fit

I've been working really hard to track my food intake this week. Some days I want to just throw in the towel and "guesstimate" how much food I'm eating but it didn't work for me in the past, so the more "educated" part of me know it's not possible to not track right now. Every day it's the same thing. I wake up, I make breakfast, I make my lunch, get ready for work, and I track. It becomes really time consuming. However, this week I made more of an effort to look nice enough though I didn't wash my hair. (Who washes their hair every day?!) Here are the outfits I wore this week. 
Wednesday
Dress: Target, L
Cardigan: Old Navy, XL
Belt: Old Navy, XL
Sandals: Target, 9
This dress hugged my curves (and my stomach) and at first I was self-conscience about wearing it but I figured, I better get use to it because it's such a pretty dress (and my boyfriend bought it for me as a gift!) A lot of my coworkers really liked the dress and thought it was cute. That made me feel good.


Thursday
Blouse: JCPenney, I Heart Ronson, XL
Cardigan: Target, XL
Pants: Old Navy, 16
Shoes: Target, 9

Friday
Jacket: JCPenney, L
Shirt: Target, L
Jeans: Old Navy, 16
Sandals: Target, 9
Accessories: Necklace, Old Navy; Blue Glass Ring, Hawaii Market Vendor; Large Silver Ring, Target; Flower Silver Ring, PacSun

I'm starting to feel good in my clothing and that's what's important to me. There was a time when I couldn't wear those brown dress pants from Old Navy. They wouldn't even CLOSE! I was embarrassed for myself - it's not like anyone outside of my bedroom knew I couldn't fit them anymore but just knowing that I had once again let myself gain weight made me upset with myself. I knew I had to make a conscience effort to fit these pants and feel healthy again. When I gained weight I felt sluggish, heavy, and all-round depressed. It's really draining to constantly tell myself that my body deserves better and then I don't follow through. On my 25th birthday I knew it was time to stop making false promises and to finally commit myself to a program that worked for me. What worked for me was actually GOING to the gym and keeping track of my food intake. That's the only way this journey can go... so far, so good. I cannot wait to have to buy NEW clothes! 

Until next time, keep smiling!!

Kristen



2 thought(s):

  1. Such cute clothes and rings! Wow, where did all this come from?! Did you stay home for a whole day and just bust out all these posts?! It's great that you found the time to do what you said you really wanted to do and enjoyed doing. Doing what matters to you is so important and I think it will be so helpful and motivating for your journey! -Jess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely agree! It makes me conscience of what I'm doing and gives me a creative outlet. I have cute clothes I just rarely document them and now that I'm losing weight I feel BETTER in my clothes. I feel confident and that's important. Thanks for the encouraging comment!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...