"Take a Hike" Saturday: Florida Canyon Trail

Another beautiful day in San Diego called for another hike with Jessica (The Jessica L Blog). I loaded up Junior and we were on our way. This time we decided to tackle a trail by Balboa Park. We've both seen these trails and always wondered where they started and ended. It wasn't the most scenic trail but it was easy, I will give it that. I actually wanted a bit of a challenge so I asked Jessica if we could walk up the hill (at Pershing and Florida). It wasn't the worst hill of my life but it was a good climb since it got my heart rate going!

 Junior posing for a photo! Hello, Junior!

 Jessica walking with Stella. Jessica walks really fast but it's good because it forces me to keep up!

 Florida Canyon Nature Trails

 And so begins the hill! Not very challenging (like I said) but a good hill none-the-less!

 Junior with his buddy, Stella. Leading the way on the trail!

Jessica taking a picture of me taking a picture of the trail sign. This trail went back to Morley Field. It was a pretty quick walk. 

A great photo spot! A nice trail in the middle of all the hustle and bustle of the city.  

 Leave it to Jessica to find a cupcake place! 

Tired after an hour long hike. Good job, pups!

This hour long hike allowed me to burn about 477 calories which only meant ONE thing - FROYO!

Chocolate/Peanut Butter frozen yogurt (100 calories!!) courtesy of Golden Spoon!

Later, I went with Jessica, her husband, Scott, and her parents to dinner for an early birthday celebration at BJ's Brewery in Chula Vista. Good food, good company. I also felt really good in the outfit I was wearing. 

 This skirt is from 2009. It looks WAY better on me now. 

And I'm happy! 

I hope you are all having a wonderful weekend! I am so happy because I gained 2 new followers. Don't be shy! I'm friendly! Look at that face! ;-)

Anyway. Until next time, keep smiling! 


Kristen

6 thought(s):

  1. That cupcake was oh-so-yummy! And if we had started earlier we could have done 2 hours! -Jess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet that cupcake was yummy! I wonder if the Blood Orange one was better? I think if the trail was longer... or if we would have crossed the street to the other side of the hill. There's always NEXT Saturday, haha!

      Kristen

      Delete
  2. I don't even know how I found you, but as soon as I saw this San Diego hike I was like...I was there, it looks like the same trail I was on a year ago when we went hiking there! I lived in San Diego for 9 years, my daughter was born at Balboa Hospital and then we moved to the East Coast. I loved going to Balboa Park, I just loved San Diego period. My husband was military and we lived in Coronado because he was at North Island. Visit my blog and be a follower if you'd like.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, I'm sure San Diego misses you too! Did you do any other trails when you were in San Diego? I know a few but sometimes finding the entrances can be tricky so I'm trying to find tips where ever I can. Btw - Coronado is beautiful, how lucky are you to say you've lived there!

      I will definitely follow your blog. Anyone who loves San Diego is a great person in my book! Hope to hear from you soon! Thanks for the follow :-)

      Delete
  3. I love you blog!! I too am trying to lose weight as well!! thank you so much for sharing your journey!!! jordanjaneofalltrades.blogspot.com

    Jordan Kazzee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course! We gotta support one another! Hope to see you around. And good luck on your journey!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...