Monday Weigh-In 004

Well, I gained a pound. I'm not shocked or upset because for every action there is a reaction. Actually, in this case, it's more of a for every "non-action" there is a "non-reaction". I didn't really work out last week (Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday were workout days) and unfortunately, my body needs to be in constant motion or it tends to retain everything I eat and drink. 


Here's where I get a bit optimistic. It's not 220. I would like to say now that I am making a promise to myself to stay out of the 220's. When I weighed 220, I wasn't happy. My body felt heavy and sluggish. I'm not saying that negative two pounds is making all the difference but in my defense, I feel two pounds lighter. Plus, the other day at my personal training I did mountain climbers for a whole minute! Yeah, I couldn't do that two pounds ago... so there's that! 

This weekend was a fun-packed weekend. Constant movement and constant... hmm... food intake! My dad, sister and her boyfriend, went to Small Bar in University Heights for breakfast. It's not your typical brunch spot but I wanted a mimosa darn it! 

Great beer on tap! Plus, on a Friday or Saturday night it's a great atmosphere. However, it lives up to it's name. 

Beer list and bar.

For this brunch, you get a drink with your meal (there are a couple choices but the ones I can remember off-hand are mimosas, beer, or Bloody Mary). I went with the "Life on Mars" for my brunch. Soyrizo isn't the "healthiest" of items but it sure is yummy! 

My mimosa and my dad's beer (Sculpin, yum!)

It was hot in this corner... but even more so with that mimosa (I don't drink very often these days). 

  Karina ordered the French Toast. 

 My delicious omelette...

Destroyed!

I was really full after brunch so when I got home, I just rested while I waited for Jessica to get ready for the San Diego County Fair. The fair was awesome and it was such a fun day. Lots of walking, talking, eating, and shopping was had. Now, I'm not saying I gained a pound in a day but look at this... 

I was bad... Don't tell my trainer!

Oh well - on Sunday, food won. But what a great victory it was! Anyway, I'm going to save the San Diego County Fair for another post.

Until then, keep smiling! And don't be hard on yourself. Some Sundays you're going to look like me up there with a plate of cheese fries... and that's okay! Forgive yourself and move on. I know I have! 






0 thought(s):

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...