Fitness is Better Together!

After I stepped on the scale on January 30, 2012 I made a conscience effort to look for a personal trainer. Unfortunately, I knew I wouldn't be able to self start because when it comes to working out, I'll start but I never finish. Even to this day, I have a difficult time just going to the gym, hoping on the elliptical and then doing some weight training. I get bored and I just want to leave so then I just end up torturing myself by being there. 


My friend, Vanessa, agreed to join me on my journey by being my workout buddy with the personal trainer at Fitness Together. It has been a great experience so far. I feel very supported by the staff but especially our trainer. We were held accountable every week to show up and keep a food journal (I use MyFitnessPal). Our trainer, Palani, would work us HARD. I remember the day I dragged my feet to go because I was just DONE. However, I paid, Palani and Vanessa were counting me and so there I was - out of my mind annoyed BUT I was there.


My thoughts EXACTLY.

Although sometimes I felt upset, I always knew that my trainer was on my team. He wanted me to succeed. Palani was great because he would take the time to answer our questions about our food intake and also give us advice on the work outs we were doing outside of FT. It was always helpful and really motivated me to move my butt! Also - he did weigh-ins every Thursday! Yikes! 


Right now, I'm working in a PACK since Vanessa went on a two week vacation. Erin is my new trainer and I really enjoy how she keeps me and the other women moving. My heart rate is almost at a constant 160 and I'm burning about 400-500 calories. I still dislike burpees, battle ropes, mountain climbers and the likes but I'm able to do them now. My first small victory was being able to do mountain climbers without stopping for 45 seconds. It might seem like nothing but that's a BIG deal to me. 


PACK Small Group Personal Training at Fitness Together Point Loma

Calories burned if elliptical is done first. This isn't the average for me - usually it's within the 400-500 range. (I'm going to do a review on my Polar heart rate monitor soon and explain my thought on this.)

Worst day to take a picture of the board but if you can read it, it's my workout for the hour. We do about 3 to 4 rounds of it depending on time and speed.

Working with a personal trainer was helpful to me. It makes me want to be active and it also forces me to go to the gym when I don't feel like it. It's been a great experience and if it weren't for the price I would do this all the time! I figured, I rather pay for my health now rather than later. 

What motivates you? 

Let me know! I'd love to hear your thoughts. 

Until then, keep smiling! I smile more when my body is sore!

Kristen

8 thought(s):

  1. I get motivated by thinking about what I want to be... I have this moto of "Only I can succeed, I control my choices, by choosing the healthier option I am choosing to be slimmer". Everytime I don't eat healthy or don't do the workout I relaise I am choosing to stay overweight and unhappy!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is very true! If we have control over anything it's ourselves. Thank you for reminding me!

      Delete
  2. I just found your blog and added it my reading list.

    It's great to find someone who is battling the same battle.

    I just recently started my own weight loss blog to help motivate myself and hoping others reading will remind me to get off the couch and start moving!

    Stop on by and say hi

    http://amybickmore2.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by!

      I find that a blog is helpful because you can build a fan base, cheerleaders so to speak. I look forward to cheering you on during your journey!

      Delete
  3. I just found your blog and I admire your dedication! I am trying to get in shape. I have made it public that I'm going to compete in a local 5K in November. So now I have to get in condition to do it! Sometimes I think, what was I thinking, I should have kept it a secret goal. But I need to take action so the motivation will come. Great blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. Sometimes saying your goal out loud is scary because then you feel even MORE committed to it. I believe if you start now, little by little you'll gain the momentum. Are you training with any friends? Working out with friends can very helpful and motivating.

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. Hi there,
    I'm Palani's girlfriend and am now following your blog! Love that you enjoy him as your trainer. :)

    I also write a blog, if you want to follow. :) Best of luck on your journey!

    http://fitcampsd-ca.blogspot.com/

    -C

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I'm so glad he showed you. He's a very positive person and I truly enjoy that about him. It makes working out "easy" (but not really, only in a mental sense haha)

      Thanks and I will for sure follow! :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...