Hiking a "Mountain"

Last week, Jessica (The Jessica L Blog) and I went on a hike in Mission Trails. It was a great 2 hour hike with lots of bugs and sweat! Jessica and I walked around the lake - or at least tried to - but we quickly realized that we were at a dead end. I decided to show her to dam and on the way we passed by a hill (pictured below). Jessica asked me where the hill went to and if I ever hiked it. I laughed and said of course not. That's when it hit me. I need to hike that hill. I felt challenged, not by Jessica, but by myself. I asked her if she wanted to and of course, she said yes. I dreaded walking up that steep hill (or at least it looked steep to me). I was worried I was going to get stuck half way and embarrass myself. I've never been much of an uphill hiker and so the thought of it was very daunting. However, I had my dog Junior helping me and I was so excited when I made it up that hill. Sweating and breathing hard - my heart rate reached 187. I was just so happy I made it up. I looked out and over Mission Trails and I felt proud. It made me realize how important it is for me to confront my fears and to challenge myself. 

Here's Junior helping me up the hill. Actually, he really wanted to meet the dog that the people ahead of me had walking with them. Of course, never thinking of me! 

The top of the hill! I made it! I danced! I laughed! I cried! I screamed! Okay, I didn't do any of that but I sure was proud of myself! 

Now, we had to walk through here and then make a right to the dam. Going down hill was difficult with a pulling dog.

A perfect picture spot!

Jessica and Stella taking the lead. It looked like we were in an "enchanted" forest. No, not really but it sure was pretty! 

Oh, thanks Junior for participating. The end of a lovely hike with a lovely girl and our lovely dogs! Now we get to celebrate with frozen yogurt courtesy of Golden Spoon!



Until next time, keep smiling! 




Kristen 



2 thought(s):

  1. This is something that we should make a ritual....Long 2 hour hike and froyo afterwards! -Jess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would be a great way to stay motivated AND having fun! We can find new trails! Plus, the froyo is a great incentive. :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...