"I want you to want me"

On my way to work today I was going through every single station I have programmed in my car and I stopped when I heard a familiar song. Cheap Trick's "I Want You To Want Me" was playing and I was automatically taken back to a date I had about two years ago. We went to a local bar (har har another bar) and he gave me a dollar and told me to go pick some songs on the juke box. I happily (drunkingly?) obliged. I remember walking up to the juke box with so much confidence. I wanted to play fun songs, songs that other people in the bar would recognize and know. Soon that confidence went away because I realized that I didn't know what to pick. My "go-tos" had already been played. I was stumped! I quickly made decisions and figured, "Ehh whatever." I go back to my spot near him at the bar and eventually my songs come on. First was Nirvana's "Smells like Teen Spirit" - WHY DID I PICK THAT?! He laughed at me and asked me the same thing. Then Cheap Trick's song blasted. He turned to me and said, "Is this a hint?" I was immediately embarrassed because it wasn't my intention at all! I did manage to get a kiss out of the whole deal... but I digress! 

I laughed when I heard the song this morning and happily (for real this time) sang along. That boy is long gone - good riddance I may add. However, this song continues to put a pep in my step every time I hear it! 

What song gets you going in the morning? 




Black and White Star Polka Dot blouse - Target
Red Tweed dress pants - Target
"Pink Chocolate" lipstick - Clinque

Getting ready for work can be such a chore sometimes!

Love,







9 thought(s):

  1. you look super adorable in these photos.

    and i love that song too! it's crazy how songs spark such vivid memories like that - it really just makes me think about 10 things i hate about you

    <3 katherine
    of corgis and cocktails

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Katherine!

      Songs and memories definitely go hand-in-hand.

      Kristen Nicole

      Delete
  2. I like to listen to really chill music first thing in the morning, like jack johnson or g love, and then after i'm really awake, i like something more upbeat, like the gossip, sons and daughters, alicia keys, the babyshambles... :)

    i agree above with katherine- that song totally makes me think of 10 things i hate about you, lol!

    really cute photos, kristen! hope you're doing well. xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cover of this song in "10 Things I Hate About You" is so good! haha

      I love your music choices for the morning. When I lived in Hawaii I use to listen to Jack Johnson... it was perfect!

      And thank you for the compliments :)

      Kristen Nicole

      Delete
  3. You are darling! I love funny memories to songs, that is pretty funny that you happened to pick that song! :) I am your newest follower! Yay!
    -Bridgette
    http://bridgettenicole.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for following me! I love sharing my space on the internet with others. I truly enjoy your blog.

      So many songs stir up so many memories! I love music.

      Kristen Nicole

      Delete
  4. hey nice posting. love your blog. would you like to follow each other??

    ReplyDelete
  5. haha, that's hilarious. I love that song! and I really love that blouse- all thinks polka dots are adorable (like your background, ha). also, I'm your newest follower from the blog hop...I'd love it if you follow me back: www.rachelroaming.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey I'm following from the blog hop :) Love your outfit and lipstick, perfect autumn colours x
    www.staceykane1988.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...