I voted!


Fashion blogs like to talk about what they wore every day. I'm not a fashion blog. I'm a lifestyle blog. Here's the most important accessory I wore today. "I Voted." This was my first time voting and it was one of those experiences that I'm glad I waited for. I know, it sounds silly to say but I never felt well informed or like my vote would matter. However, today when I voted I felt good about my selections and even if the outcome wasn't what I expected I'm glad I was part of it. I can look back and I know that I made the first step to having my voice heard. I hope everyone was able to vote and that you made a difference in your state. Personally, I'm tired of California trying to nickel and dime me.

Btw - It's good to be back. I needed the time away from this blog to rethink my approach. I wanted to figure out how to keep myself blogging about the things I find important... hence the name and URL change. It's very important to make this long term and I think I found a way!

Love, 



8 thought(s):

  1. Good for you! Now Dave and Scott are going to drink and sulk....-Jess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mostly my Dad will drink and sulk. haha :)

      Kristen Nicole

      Delete
  2. Glad you voted! I was disappointed with the outcome too. Oh well I guess life goes on right? Wish electoral wasn't all that counted...
    -Jessi
    haircutandgeneralattitude.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Life does go on... you're right. The electoral college is one of those things that makes sense but doesn't. Ahh... oh well. At least I can find solace in the blogging world! hehe Thanks for stopping by.

      Kristen Nicole

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you girly! I hope to be back for a loooong while! hehe

      Kristen Nicole

      Delete
  4. I'm so mad I didn't get a snazzy sticker when I voted! ;)
    xo TJ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww! I wanted the whole sheet but that's only because I like stickers. Gotta love the kid in me!

      Kristen Nicole

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...