Sunday Weigh-in 010

Week ten people! I am on week ten. This week's weigh in isn't the best since it's a gain but I decided that I can't be upset if the scale goes up. It's going to happen from time to time so I can't make myself upset over it. It's not fair to my mind or body.
THIS IS OKAY, KRISTEN!

This week was especially difficult for me. I was disheartened on Friday when I realized how sad I've felt all week. I felt heavy and unmotivated which is weird because the scale was slightly lower and I found myself exercising every day this week. Training for my 5k is becoming more difficult by the day and I don't know if it has anything to do with how fatigued my body felt this week. However, what I did learn this week is that I need to give my body a rest. Last Sunday, I ran/walked around my neighborhood even though I wasn't suppose to train that day.

This Sunday I decided to take a break. I went to brunch with my family and then headed out to Balboa Park with my friend, Victoria. It was a great way for me to clear my head and refocus for the week. August is going to be really busy at work and I'm not looking forward to the tiredness I am going to feel this month.

Victoria enjoying the sun (or lack of underneath the trees).

Me staring into the sun. The sun is a great way to instantly make yourself feel better. It seems to refresh me and help me refocus myself. There's nothing better than enjoying what nature has to offer. 

Listening to planes overhead. Never forgetting that we're in the middle of a city. 

Rex watching us paint. 

The relaxation I enjoyed today put a lot of things into perspective. My friend Victoria has such an amazing way with words and I am so happy to have someone like her in my life. Sometimes when you're feeling down about life, or your goals, it's great to be able to openly talk about it with someone who can help give insight. Victoria understands my lack of motivation and the fact that I'm upset because I'm not noticing changes right now. However, she helped me realize that I am changing in ways that aren't obvious right now. We discussed my eating habits and the fact that I track calories. She also reminded me that I'm working out everyday. These are things I know and sometimes deny but they're true! I am working hard, harder than I ever have before. 

Until next time, keep smiling! 



4 thought(s):

  1. Oh my gosh! I love what I can see of your painting! And I've been wanting to go on a picnic or lay a blanket out on the grass at a park! Maybe next Saturday, but I think we have "that stuff" going on Saturday. I'll have to play it by ear! And congrats on week 10! You should celebrate how far you've come Kristen! -Jess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jessica! We should celebrate a hike with a picnic in the park hehe :)

      Kristen

      Delete
  2. that painting picnic looks like SO much fun! i love relaxing. and congrats on the weight loss - i hate using scales personally. they anger me. i totally go off measurements because i can see results better, instead of weight where i totally try and balance so it looks like i weight a pound less! haa

    <3 katherine
    of corgis and cocktails

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha Ahh yes, there's a lot of controversy surrounding the scale but measurements are difficult for me to take... or else I would! hehehe But yes, thank you for the kind words.

      Love your blog.

      Kristen

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...