Four Months Later

Today before I went on my walk/run (aka 5k Training) I decided to sneak some pictures of myself in the bathroom at the Y. I say "sneak" because it's against policy to take pictures in the first place and secondly, it's embarrassing to get caught (which I did but I quickly ran into a stall). When I got home I decided to see if I could find pictures of myself from a few months back. Success! Although the picture of me in the pink shirt isn't the greatest angle it gives me a good idea of where I was. I should note that the reason I have my hip jutting out is because I was trying to appear more "curvy." As you notice in the second picture, the "curviness" of my body didn't matter because I liked what I saw head-on. 

It's only been four months and I swear, I don't know where time went. When I started this blog I thought it would be a great motivational tool. I also wanted to document my journey (are you getting tired of that word yet?) Last Sunday marked my 12th week blogging and it feels empowering to know that I've made it this far. I've committed myself to something bigger than myself. Every step of the way I make mistakes, I trip and I fall, but I've decided that I'm not going to be the victim anymore. I'm not going to beat myself up over a cookie or a pasta dish. I'm going to say, "Well, that sucked" and then move on and do better the next day. I'm tired of scolding myself. I am human and as a human, I make mistakes. Four months ago I was positioning myself to make myself look different - I wasn't happy with my body and I was very insecure. Now, I'm facing myself head-on and I'm not ashamed. I am proud of myself. 

April 2012

August 2012

Until next time, keep smiling!


13 thought(s):

  1. WOW! Look at you! But I think you look great in both pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! You look great! Cant wait to be able to start going to the gym soon too! just onemore week for me and then I am joining! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! My personal training has been a HUGE help for me! It kept me super motivated!

      Delete
  3. Yowzers!! You look Fantabulous!

    Keep up the great work! It is really paying off...if you can keep this going for 4 months, I have no doubt you can do it for a lifetime...as it must be habit by now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely a habit. I've noticed a change in the way I view food and exercise and I really enjoy the new perspective. Thank you for the positive vibes. It's so important to have cheerleaders! :)

      Delete
  4. You go girl!! :) Way to go! Keep it up!!!! (I'm Palani's girlfriend btw). He brags about you all the time! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Palani works me hard and I feel super motivated by him.

      Delete
  5. Yes, I do brag about you all the Time

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Palani! I definitely give you great reviews, too!

      Delete
  6. you look AMAZING. Great job, Kristen! keep it up! you got this!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Vanessa!! I miss you going to the gym with me!

      Delete
  7. omg lady you look great in both pictures. Wish i was as motivated as you...keep up the great work!! you are totally rocking this :)
    - PS after Baby #2 i will hire you to help me!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...